Steampunkerie
A steampunk blog of fashion, food and fun..

Steampunk Lego

It's not hard to work out why Steampunks like lego so much.. we're tinkerers!

For my part, lego always held a special appeal - not only is it a really fun toy to play with, but for me it also held the allure of THE FORBIDDEN! See, my mother had decreed that lego was "a boy's toy" and therefore, not being of the boy-type-child, I was not allowed to play with it..

..of course this meant I played with it every chance I got. Many a time I remember sitting at the edge of the huge drawstring lego bag that flattened into a round rug-like area, clutching a doll in my hand, waiting for my mother's eye to wander so I could get back to building my latest creation..

It's clear that my love of lego is shared by many steampunks! The "Steampunk Lego" flickr group has some truly amazing creations... check them out:



Brilliant!


Some really outstanding stuff from Guy Himber who rightfully won prizes at the lego convention, Brickcon. Clearly he's a steampunk at heart!
Lego Steampunk
Lego Steampunk
Voyage to the Moon was honored with the 1st place for ART at BrickCon 09
VICTORIA Steam Carriage
Lego Steampunk
KENSINGTON Pipe Organ
Lego Steampunk
TESLA Man/Machine
Lego Steampunk
HMS VERN Underwater Boat
Lego Steampunk
Henry-8
Lego Steampunk
Trilobite
Lego Steampunk
HMS Shelman
Lego Steampunk
Queens Regal Institute of Protection
Lego Steampunk
SteamViper
Lego Steampunk
HMS Moondreams
Lego Steampunk
Steamgate
Lego Steampunk
Battle In the Skies
Lego Steampunk
HMS Brown Widow
Lego Steampunk
HMS Black Widow
Lego Steampunk
The Steam Squad
Lego Steampunk
Flickr: The Lego Steampunk Pool
0 comments:

Join our Mailing List..

Add your email address, and we'll keep you informed of steampunk events in Melbourne.....

Welcome gentle traveler....

...to this, our offering to you, of the findings and happenings in a Steamier world. This blog will be a voice and a record of interesting design, exciting events and hopefully useful tidbits of information, crafting instructions, cooking tips and most of all Steampunk themed posts.

It will be part fashion news tips and tricks, part event announcements, part community building and part forum.

Welcome, one and all, ladies and lads of Steam, Cog and Kliestron Generator, To the Steampunkerie Blog!

Etsy Steam Team Webring

Followers

.